Officers & Chairs
February 2021 - General Elections
Capital Bears 2021 Open Positions
February 2021 - Election Day
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Via Zoom. Link coming soon.
7:00 p.m. - Capital Bears 2021 Elections and Planning Meeting
The Capital Bears will be holding elections for the open Executive Cabinet positions in February 2021. The Capital Bears Executive Cabinet is made up of 5 Officers and 6 Chairs.
We have 7 positions open for this general election for various terms.
Vice President, Treasurer and Social Chair - 2 Year Terms are for February 2021 to Elections in February 2023.
- To Qualify^- You must be a Representative Member of the Capital Bears and have attended 4 Planning Meetings since July 2020.
Iowa Leather Weekend Chair - 2 Year Term
Social Media Admin Chair - 2 Year Term
Bylaws Chair - 2 Year Term
Sports League Chair - 2 Year Term
- To Qualify^- You must have attended 3 Planning Meetings since July 2020.
Capital Bears Officer and Chair Nomination Application.
Please provide your information in writing to indicate your interest in a Capital Bears position.
^Qualifications - If you have questions about the qualifications or you feel you do not meet the meeting attendance requirements for any position, please let us know in the comments or email us email@example.com The bylaws allow for consideration of candidates for the Officers review.
Submit a written application requesting to be added to the ballot by the Wednesday February 10, 2021 11:59PM Central Time Deadline to the Chair of the 2021 Election - President Brian Chestelson.
How? (One of any method outlined below)
Submit Application Form to the right.
Email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand-deliver to President Brian Chestelson.
Mail for receipt to our PO Box at Capital Bears, PO Box 144, Des Moines, IA 50301 by the deadline.
If your application is received within the parameters above you will be invited to attend the Capital Bears February 2020 Planning Meeting. At this meeting you will have the opportunity to campaign for the position. The meeting will be held on February 17, 2021 at 7:00 p.m., Central Time, Via Zoom.
You are encouraged to review the bylaws and officer positions on this website.
Current Officers and Chairs whose terms are up for election need to submit an application if they want to run for an additional term.
We welcome all members of the Capital Bears who fully believe in the mission of the organization to run for any position based on bylaws.
Officers and Chairs are expected to fulfill the following duties during their term of office:
• Ensure their schedule will allow attendance at the majority of monthly board meetings as defined by roles in the Capital Bear Bylaws.
• Review any provided background materials provided before the meeting in preparation of meeting discussion and decision-making.
• Volunteer at Capital Bears sponsored events, service in additional capacities on committees, or fulfill other needs as they arise.
• Be an advocate for the organization.
• Take care of The Capital Bears by ensuring prudent use of all assets, including facilities, people, and good will; and provide oversight for all activities that advance the organization's effectiveness and sustainability.
• Make decisions in the best interest of the Capital Bears; not in their self-interest.
• Ensure that the Capital Bears obeys applicable laws and acts in accordance with ethical practices; that Capital Bears adheres to its stated corporate purposes, and that its activities and events advance its mission.
Thank you for your interest.
President, Capital Bears, Chair of 2021 Elections
Submit Your Application
I will commit to the following by submitting this application:
Ensure that I can attend the majority of the monthly board meetings.
Prepare for discussion at meetings by reviewing agenda and reviewing any proposed discussion items.
Volunteer as as I am able to help ensure smooth operations of the organization's activities.
Prepare a brief introducation and background with the Capital Bears, other LGBTQIA+ organizations, and reason for running for selected positions.